The aim of the projects E-Senior / Digital Greater Poland / Silesian Academy of Senior /MEW@ is to activate persons over 65 in the area of digital competences through training and animation activities.
The results of the projects are the inclusion of Seniors in building the information society in Poland, the development of functional digital competences and the abilities of using IT in everyday life.
The trainings implemented as part of the projects enable each project participant to acquire very practical skills of:
- using the Internet, computer, phone, tablet and other IT devices;
- shaping the competences that are helpful in the everyday life of a Senior (online communication,
e-services including online shopping and banking, medical services, e-government and more).
The project includes various activities with Seniors, among them the following can be distinguished:
I. Training of digital competences:
- basic level – adapted to the needs and capabilities of Seniors (subject, time and atmosphere of classes), are carried out in two versions:
- standard training – 60 hours of classes for persons with minimal experience in using the computer and the Internet;
- extended training – 90 hours of classes for persons who do not have experience in online communication and work with the computer, and due to their health condition or disability, require longer support.
- advanced level – 30 hours of additional thematic training for persons who will want to deepen basic digital competences (e.g. in the field of digital photography, blogosphere, online finance, etc.
II. Animation projects – group activities activating Seniors in the local community using functional digital competences and IT tools (e.g. creating online discussion and hobby groups, book clubs, film, art, photography or tourism, local culture and history lovers‘ clubs, creating websites / blogs by enthusiasts, etc.)
Projects implemented in partnership, and the project promoter is the Foundation for Social Participation.
Projects co-financed by the European Union under the Operational Program Digital Poland for 2014-2020.
Access date: 29.03.2022
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?